Who We Are
Our CPS Team comprises self-identified, current or former consumers of behavioral health services, trained and certified to offer support and assistance to others in recovery.
Services are voluntary, confidential, person-centered and designed to promote recovery.
We design services around your personal choices, and your active involvement in your own recovery process.
- (To apply for training as a Certified Peer Specialist, see links at bottom of page)
- Certified Peer Specialist positions and training to become a CPS in Butler County are made possible by Butler County Human Services
CPS Services can help you:
- Identify personal strengths for achieving recovery goals.
- Develop and effectively use a Wellness Recovery Action Plan.
- Learn self-advocacy and self-sufficiency skills.
- Collaborate with and build up your natural supports, such as family, friends, and providers. Get their support in achieving your Recovery Goals.
- Find out about available services , supports , and choices
- Develop a sense of wellness, self-worth, and empowerment.
- Regain Hope that Recovery is possible through mentoring, and the evidence it provides.
- Find work or other meaningful activity of your choice.
- Peers are available for Crisis Management support
Recovery Pathways & Peers
CONFIDENTIALITY — Everything you tell us is voluntary & kept confidential
EMPOWERMENT — We see YOU as the expert in your own life.
HOPE—Peers help you see that Recovery is not only possible but probable
FRIENDSHIP— Peers help you build supportive friendships to optimize your abilities
VALUED SOCIAL ROLE — Set goals that reflect your hopes and dreams; Learn about and explore the opportunities, educational resources, and choices. available to you.
CHOICES — Peers help to optimize your choices through experiences
TRUST — Learn to trust yourself and your Peer
CONFIDENCE — We help you identify, acknowledge and validate your accomplishments and strength. Thus your sense of self efficacy grows.
SPIRITUALITY — Reflective practices that can promote and foster spiritual Awareness
RESILIENCE BUILDING — Build confidence so you can deal successfully with any barriers that arise
PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY — Your Peer keeps you accountable in working towards your Recovery Goals. Your Peer is your buddy and lifeline on this journey. Together, we can do it!
Eligibility for Services
All Butler County residents who are 18 yers of age or over and who meet eligibility criteria of Serious Mental Illness:
- Adult Priority Group (Mental Health Bulletin OMH-94-04)
- and who exhibit moderate to severe impairment in at least one functional level of education, social, vocational, or self maintenance.
- Eligibility may include persons with mental illness and co-occurring substance disorders.
- Services must meet medical necessity criteria, and recommendation for services must be provided by a licensed practitioner of the healing arts.
- Download Authorization for Release of Health Information (for your Doctor) here
- Download CPS Referral Form here.
Your Power to Direct your Focus onto positive, creative Thoughts that make your Dreams Take Form, is the most powerful Control you have over your Life — especially when combined with Massive Action in that direction.
Admissions, the provision of services, and referrals of clients , and employment practices shall be made without regard to race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, national origin (Including limited English proficiency), age or sex.
If you would like to request a referral to receive Certified Peer Specialist services, Please print out and fill in the forms below:
- 1. CPS Referral Form – current
- 2. Authorization for Release of Health Information
- Complete and mail to: Grapevine Center, Inc.
- 140 N. Elm Street, Suite B, Butler, PA 16001
- 4. 2022 CPS Training – APPLICATION