What is the Consumer Satisfaction Team?
Who Are We? We are a team of consumers, or family members of people who, like you, have used Mental Health and/or Drug & Alcohol services.
What we do: We conduct interviews with you, the consumer, or with family members of consumers to assess your satisfaction with the Mental Health and/or Drug & Alcohol services you have accessed.
Armed with your anonymous feedback, we confer with your providers and county representatives to improve the quality of MH & D&A services in the county. Should you indicate that you need alterations in your own treatment or services, we enable your voice to be heard.
Our service is confidential, independent of providers and by your consent
Who we Report to: We report consumer satisfaction to Mercer County Behavior Health Commission, and Value Behavioral Health, OMHSAS and NWBHP Quality Management Committee where appropriate, to help consumers improve the mental health and drug and alcohol services they receive.
The mission of Mercer County Consumer/Family Satisfaction Team is to improve your quality of life by empowering YOU, and helping providers improve their services to you based on your Feedback about your experience with their services.
We aim to ensure that you are aware of what is available to you; and to immediately address any urgent issues or concerns you may want/need addressed.
How does Mercer County C/FST Work?
Mercer County Consumer/Family Satisfaction Team:
- seeks to establish and maintain relationships with consumers.
- aims at enabling you to assert any concerns you may have, in a safe, non-judgmental and confidential environment.
- is intended to identify any specific areas of concern or trends in which provider or system improvement is needed.
- seeks to empower you as a consumer to improve your Mental Health or Drug & Alcohol services.
- is designed to be effective by requesting a Plan of Correction from providers, where significant concerns or trends are identified, and by overseeing the outcome.
- exists to act as the liaison between consumers and behavioral health service providers, and the relevant overseeing representatives (MCBHC, VBH, OMHSAS, and NWBHP)
We address any urgent issues or concerns you may communicate to us, immediately
Our Goals for You
We want you to:
- Understand the options available to you for medical treatment, housing, transportation, education & employment.
- Be one of the decision makers concerning your treatment.
- Have the least restrictive environment necessary for recovery.
- ¨Be Given the opportunity to explore every path for recovery.
- Be part of society and the community to the greatest extent possible.
- Have the vocational and educational opportunities necessary to be an active, contributing member of the community.
- Feel free to ask questions.
- Be listened to and be heard.
- Be treated with respect and dignity.
- Have the opportunity to
|Funded by Mercer County Behavior Health Commission & Beacon Health Options|